Saturday, March 22, 2008

Note to Poets: Do NOT Recycle!

Tom Fincher shares a poem and an accompanying story, which has a serious moral for you men who want to charm your women with a few lines of verse.

While in Chicago, he wrote a love poem for a certain woman who was his "significant other". The poem brought him a great deal of "positive reinforcement" from the lady in his life.

At a later point, that relationship moved on and so did Tom. He moved back to Pinellas County and found another "significant other". Remembering the benefits the poem had earned him in an earlier episode of his life, he changed the title of the poem to the name of the woman then his current amour. Things went well, until she discovered the original copy stored away somewhere.

The relationship came to a screeching halt. But the poem is worth sharing.

For The One I Love
By
Tom Fincher

Your presence stirs a
Feeling I thought gone
From me

Your touch brings to me an
Awareness unrealized
For years

Your being carries me
To a place
Long forgotten


Your embrace
Heals my wounds
Beneath their scars


While loving you
I hold your hand
And feel your soul
Flowing with mine


After our love
The serenity of
Your face
Takes me to a
Place of
Gentleness

Our past lives
And former loves
Matter not


Only us
Only now
Finding
Sharing
Together







No comments: