Friday, January 11, 2008

A Chuckle for the Day

Lois Martin-Walls sent along a poem that's too good to keep....first, some background. As all of us are looking at our 50th anniversary of high school graduation, maybe a few of us have an array of medicine bottles (in the kitchen or in the bathroom, or on the bedside table). We're all young in heart and spirit, but the bottles remind us that our bodies are saying, "What do you want from me? I've been carrying you around for six-plus decades!"

Here's the verse: A row of bottles on my shelf/Caused me to analyze myself. One yellow pill I have to pop/Goes to my heart so it won't stop. A little white one that I take/Goes to my hands so they won't shake. The blue ones that I use a lot/Tell me I'm happy when I'm not. The purple pill goes to my brain/And tells me that I have no pain. The capsules tell me not to wheeze or cough or choke or even sneeze. The red ones, smallest of them all/Go to my blood so I won't fall. The orange ones, very big and bright/Prevent my leg cramps in the night. Such an array of brilliant pills/Helping to cure all kinds of ills. But what I'd really like to know....Is what tells each one where to go!

(And here's the closing punchline): There's always a lot to be thankful for. If you take time to look for it. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.....

No comments: