Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Where are the writers out there?

Tom Fincher, author of the excerpts about Sky-Vue Drive-in elsewhere in this blog, has a background in writing. "I sold an article to The Tampa Tribune's Accent and got the cover, so being on a roll, I sold a story to the St. Petersburg Times Floridian and got the cover again. This was back in the 70s when they were in a Sunday-only magazine format.

"I thought, 'Hey! This stuff is easy' but having to earn a living got in the way. I've done a few other things here and there. Some I got paid for; others were just for the fun of seeing my name in the byline. I also have a book on amazon.com: The Pepper Tree Demon, but it's cheaper to buy it from me. I'm also working on two other books: Mad Cat County and Debbie in the Night."

I know there are other published writers in our class. Let us know who you are and where we can find your articles, books, etc.

P.S. Tom has promised to send along some poetry soon. Who says writing literature and liking it is only for girls?

No comments: