Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bruce Little: FBI Agent and Ordained Pastor

Bruce Little, writing from his home in Jackson, TN, gets the All-Around Nice Guy Award. Currently he is the chief caregiver for his wife Jeannie, who experienced a stroke in 2002, leaving her weakened on the left side, and who more recently suffered a stress fracture to her right leg, leaving her confined to a wheelchair 24/7. Gradually, she is learning to walk again, but Bruce is giving her all his attention.

His work includes being a staff pastor for Visitation Ministry for Grace United Methodist Church in Jackson, TN and a special Contract Investigator for the FBI and other federal agencies.

He says his nickname at Northeast High was "Charlie Brown", a name given to him by drama classmates. They took pity on Bruce's supposedly "innocent" nature, but Bruce says that appearance was just a "clever ruse I used to get popularity with the girls. It worked well!"

One of the things he's grateful for in his life goes like this: The grace of God through Jesus Christ who lifted me from a broken state (physically and emotionally following an injury), dusted me off, saw some value still left, gave me a new calling, reshaped me to a new purpose and permitted me to share the Good News that what He did and is doing me He can do for anyone. No "achievement" there--just the grace of God.

Favorite teacher: Bob Challener became my model hero for all who are teachers in spite of the odds--where would any of us be without their encouragement and service?

No comments: