Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is Today Your "Someday"?

One of our classmates has submitted this to share with all of you--the source wishes to remain anonymous, but the words are universal:

I lost my Big Girl yesterday.

During a minor surgical procedure a blood clot slipped loose and took her

from everyone who loved her.

Scenes from my memories of her have been playing in my mind since I got the message.

She was a beautiful woman and the mother of two young men.

She and her sister are the pride of my life.

As sometimes happens with parents and their children a rift developed between us.

I kept thinking that someday the two of us would sit down to hammer it out.

Maybe we would cry but then we would laugh someday.

Now someday isn't coming.

For those of you having a rift with your children let today be your someday. Call them, hold them, tell them
you love them. And do it NOW!

I've asked Pat not to put my name on this because I could be Anybody.

No comments: