Monday, February 18, 2008

Feedback from Clarissa Rogers Hamilton

Clarissa Rogers Hamilton offers these comments in an email, related to the phenomenon of our NEHS 1958 50th anniversary: I just wonder if any other 50th reunions has been so successful in contacting so many classmates. I know a friend took her mother to her 50th reunion and there were something like ten people there!! Of course I don't know how many were in her class, maybe only eleven!!

You are so right in what has come from just the planning. You mentioned what you have learned about diabetes from fellow classmates, then there is Barbara Menees. I did send her a card and did call her. She seemed so upbeat when I called her. ...Even if she is still in rehab, I encouraged her to come to the dinner in her wheelchair, if she wasn't up and walking.

I talked to Madelyn Ringlespaugh and I also found and talked with Jean Robertson. She said she is definitely going to the reunion; she was so excited!

When I met again with Ben Wall, it was like we graduated yesterday and just met for lunch. It is so easy, like time never passed, I was surprised. I would imagine it will be like that at the reunion, only more so since there will be so many more people. I took a neat picture of us, put him and I now and on the side, pictures from the yearbook. Also a picture of the front of the yearbook.

No comments: