Thursday, February 14, 2008

Where We Live

Today I started my preparation for the Memory Book, which you'll see at the Reunion, with the chance to purchase a copy. I'll try my best to get bio information on as many of you as possible, so that you can have a comprehensive view of how far your 1958 graduating class has come (and that's far---with many accomplishments to brag about!)

I thought you might be interested at a preliminary observation I made about where we ended up as far as our mailing addresses. (The following data is subject to change as we find more classmates before May.)

Approximately 44 of us are in St. Petersburg or Pinellas County (although I lumped Clearwater in with the "other places in Florida" category.) About 72 of you are living elsewhere in Florida, ranging from Key West to the Panhandle. The one farthest away is Len Scipioni Scott, who's in Australia. The rest of you (and I haven't created an official count for each of these states yet) are in:
Georgia, Alabama, New York, Virginia, Colorado, North Carolina (7 of you), Hawaii, Arizona, Tennessee, Texas, Washington (state, not DC), Oklahoma, and Kentucky.

Maybe there was something sunny about the Sunshine State that kept a lot of us close to home, but the stories from the rest of you will be interesting to hear when we get together in May.

PS. Several of you are two-address families: you live in St. Petersburg part of the year and then elsewhere (usually North Carolina) for the other part of the year. Lucky you!

No comments: